2013 - 2015
A strong, vibrant Community House supporting individuals and families to meet others, share experiences and gain new skills.
Support and Services
- Provide support to individuals, families and community groups
- Improve understanding and respond to community needs
- Provide a meeting place and facilities as a means of breaking down barriers and isolation for individuals and families in the community
Personal Development and Education
- Provide classes and educational programs for individuals and families to build on their knowledge, confidence and skills to effectively manage their own lives
- Promote the well-being and care of children and families
Contribution and Collaboration
- Provide a warm, friendly environment where people can contribute to the wellbeing of their community
- Create an environment in which personal and community development can take place
- Provide an opportunity for Individuals and families to build on, or be linked to community support networks and other community resources
We work collaboratively and encourage participation in decision making to strengthen relationships and improve outcomes.
We embrace diversity, mutual respect and acceptance of others
We ensure our service is accessible and affordable to all families
We demonstrate an open and accountable practice, through regular communication and quality in what we do
We are flexible in all that we do to adapt to changing community needs
Our Strategic Priorities
- Provide a safe, well-maintained and stimulating play area and resources for families with children from 0-5 years of age
- Provide parents and others engaged in a parenting role with up to date information and parenting strategies through recognized parenting programs and resources.
- Partner with parents, to strengthen community capacity to raise healthy, happy children
Support volunteering in the community
- Acknowledge, promote and encourage volunteering and the vital contribution of volunteers
- Coordinate, instigate and conduct fundraising by volunteers for the House and also for various community charities to increase the capacity for growth in those organizations and to improve services and facilities within the community
- Provide a crèche for all daytime courses and workshops to enable all parents to access the programs offered while their young children experience quality care
- Offer workshops and courses in response to community needs.
- Provide Room Hire for meetings, events, functions and activities